ADVANCED COMPUTATIONAL MECHANICS LABORATORY
Professor Reddy’s Advanced Computational Mechanics Laboratory (ACML) at Texas A&M University is dedicated to state-of-the-art research in the development of novel mathematical models and numerical simulation of physical phenomena.
• Refined theories of laminated composite plates and shells (the third-order laminate theory and the layerwise theory),
• Analytical solutions of the refined theories of laminated composite plates and shells ,
• Finite element analysis of plate and shell structures composed of functionally graded materials, fiber-reinforced composite material layers, and adaptive/smart structures ,
• Static bending, natural vibration, general buckling, transient, and damage analyses of plate and shell structures,
• Penalty finite element models of viscous, incompressible,
Newtonian and non- Newtonian fluid flow problems, Least-squares finite element models of viscous, incompressible,
• Newtonian and non-Newtonian fluid flow problems as well as plate and shell structures,
• Multi-scale modeling of Carbon Nano Tube (CNT)-reinforced and functionalized composites and biological cells,
• Well-received textbooks on applied mathematics, variational methods, the finite element method, and laminated composite plates and shells.